Thursday, June 23, 2011

The VMFA!

I had a great time driving up to Richmond with my mom to see the VMFA yesterday. We pretty much spent the day milling through the many exhibits and had lunch at the restaurant there. I ended up taking a lot of pictures and really enjoying the museum, because I hadn't been there in a while. Also my mom and I happened upon Dr. Pendleton and Dr. Moran in the gift shop on the way out. :)

I guess I'll create a list of the artists/artwork I was most inspired by on my trip and try to give each of the artists their own posts asap.

As for what I have now completed on my To Do List thus far:
I completed the Incomplete in Crafts and got it graded!
7 artist posts completed.
Started adding things to the sketchbook.
Visited 2 museums: Pfac and VMFA.

Still To Do:
43 artist posts
more sketchbook
2 visit more muesums
create binder of 10 artists
3-5 sample artworks

OH! and I had forgotten to post this picture I took from outside the PFAC the other day of this cool broken glass and ceramic mosaic that I guess got put together by a bunch of different people. It was pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment